Mairi's Melt-in-the-Mouth Beef Stroganoff
1lb Specially Selected Scotch beef fillet
salt, pepper and a pinch of curry powder
1 large onion
1 tbsp. flour
1/2 pt sour cream
1 tbsp. tomato puree
1/2 tsp. wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp. Brandy (but since its Xmas make it two!)
• Slice beef into thin strips and dust in the salt/pepper/curry powder. Leave for an hour.
• Slice the onion and mushrooms and fry in the butter until soft.
• Fry the strips of steak for two to three minutes and add to the mushrooms and onions
• Blend in the flour, tomato puree and sour cream with the mustard and cook gently.
• Warm the Brandy and add to the beef.
• Cook gently for a further 20 minutes and serve with rice.